Big News🙂 FWHealth - Firewall Health Reporting Tool, is now 100% Free, Forever. Try it Now
Vishnu Vardhan Reddy.L
QOS Technology Pvt Ltd.
Download the latest R80.20 ISO file for Management server from the below link.
Download the latest R80.20 Smart console from the below link.
1. Start a new Virtual Machine.
2. Opt for a recommended configuration.
3. Browse the R80.20 Gaia ISO Image.
4. Select the Guest operating system.
5. Configure the VM Name and the location where the VM database to be stored.
6. Assign the diskspace.
- In this article I have assigned 100GB, you can assign as per your requirement.
7. Click on Customize Hardware to assign the virtual interface.
8. Have assigned VMnet1 in this article.
9. Click Finish.
10. Cross check the assigned resources.
11. Power On the Virtual Machine.
12. Start installing the Gaia OS.
13. Click OK and proceed.
14. Select keyboard type you use.
15. Fine tune the disk partitions.
- If you are performing any lab replications give maximum space for root and backup partition which will be crucial .
16. Set a password.
- This password will be for CLI access and webUI access.
17. Configure the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway.
18. Start formatting the VM hard drive.
19. Reboot the installed VM.
20. Once the VM boots up, configure the First Time Wizard over browser.
21. Check the VMnet which is configured.
22. Edit the Virtual Network to check which network is configured for VMNet1
23. Based on our article, I have assigned the relevant network to VMNet1.
24. On the local machine the ethernet assigned for VMNet1 should be in the same network so that we can access the webUI from local machine.
25. Check the connectivity from the local machine.
26. Access the Management server IP from browser and start the first time wizard.
- Use the credentials which we configured as per step no 16.
27. Continue with R80.20 Configuration.
28. As a best practice do not make any changes for eth0 which we are using to access the Management server.
- This IP address will be mapped for license and contracts.
29. Configure the Hostname, DNS ETC.
30. In this lab I am not using any NTP so setting the date and time manually.
31. As we need to install Management server, opt for "Security Management"
32. Select Security Management as "Primary"
33. Configuring new credentials as I do not want to use the Gaia credentials.
- This credentials are for Smart Console login.
34. Below option is from when we want to access Smart Console.
35. Cross check the product which we want to install and click "Finish"
36. Start the configuration.
37. Overview of WebUI.
38. Check Point OS version info.
39. Login to Smart Console.
- You need to use the credentials which we configured in step no - 33.
40. This is the Secure Fingerprint, click "proceed".
- We will see the Fingerprint when ever we login for the first time from a new machine or if you had logged in with any other CP OS version earlier.
41. Smart Console welcome screen.
- If you are new to R80.X Smart Console then have a look at all the pages in the pop up window.
42. Overview of Gateways & Server.
- As I have not integrated any devices/Firewall I could see only my Management Server.
43. Overview for policies.
For additional help or business inquiry, you can always reach out to us at email@example.com